Be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for an entry-level career in an office environment. Learn about office procedures, business record-keeping and touch typing. Gain the skills to use a range of standard business software packages, including Word and Excel. Develop effective skills in communication and customer service.
This course is delivered over 10 weeks.
Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week (20 hours per week) + self-study component.
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning.
- Structured learning activities
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBINM201 Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBINM202 Handle mail
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- BSBITU102 Develop keyboard skills
- BSBITU201 Produce simple word processed documents
- BSBITU202 Create and use spreadsheets
- BSBITU203 Communicate electronically
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- BSBLED101 Plan skills development
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Local students may be entitled to Youth Allowance, Austudy/Abstudy or the Pensioner Education Supplement. For enquiries, please contact Centrelink on 132 490.
Stanley College has a strong network of employers waiting to hire our graduates. Students will have access to employment assistance services including advice and tips on resume preparation, coaching on interview techniques and assistance in finding employment.
On completion of the BSB20115 Certificate II in Business, students may pursue a BSB30115 Certificate III in Business or a BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration at Stanley College or other Government Registered education institutions.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy and Procedure.
Completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent
Tuition Fee: $2,300
Material Fee: $150*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec