Be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for an entry-level career in an office environment. Learn about office procedures, business record-keeping and touch typing. Gain the skills to use a range of standard business software packages, including Word and Excel. Develop effective skills in communication and customer service.
This course is delivered over 10 weeks.
Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + self-study component.
Full Time studies requires students to attend a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
This qualification suits students seeking a career in the following job roles:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning
- Self-paced learning activities
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBINM201 Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBINM202 Handle mail
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- BSBITU112 Develop keyboard skills
- BSBITU211 Produce digital text documents
- BSBITU212 Create and use spreadsheets
- BSBITU213 Use digital technologies to communicate remotely
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- BSBLED101 Plan skills development
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Local students may be entitled to Youth Allowance, Austudy/Abstudy or the Pensioner Education Supplement. For enquiries, please contact Centrelink on 132 490.
On completion of the BSB20115 Certificate II in Business, students may pursue a BSB30115 Certificate III in Business or a BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration at Stanley College or other CRICOS registered training organisations.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy and Procedure.
Completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent
Tuition Fee: $2,300
Material Fee: $150*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec