Acquire the skills and knowledge to provide care and support to meet the developmental and educational needs of babies, infants and young children. You will develop the skills to plan, engage and implement educational programs for children in various child care settings.
This course is delivered over 52 weeks (including 12 weeks of holidays).
Classes are rostered for 3 days per week + Self-study component.
Full Time studies requires students to attend a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
This qualification suits students seeking a career in the following job roles:
- Early Childhood Educator - Assistant level
- Family Day Care Carer
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Preschool Assistant
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning
- Work-based training
- Simulated work experience (in the Stanley College Crèche)
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
This course contains work-based training of 240 scheduled course contact hours over a period of 12 weeks. During work-based training, you will be able to practice your skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist you to be job-ready# at graduation. Stanley College has entered into work-based training agreements with a number of employers.
All work-based training placements are organised by Stanley College’s Employment Liaison Team in consultation with students. Click this link, Work-Based Training Employers
, to view a list of approved Work-Based Training Employers. Note, the list is subject to updates and may vary from time to time.
Students undertaking this course must be able to obtain the following, to complete the work-based training component of this course:
- Current Working with Children Check^
^required to be submitted prior to placement with a WBT host employer
# completing a course at Stanley College, does not guarantee a migration outcome. If you decide you want to undertake further study or work in Australia, on graduation, you will need to check whether your visa allows this or whether you need to apply for a new visa by referring to www.homeaffairs.gov.au for more information.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
On completion of the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care course, students may pursue a CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care at Stanley College or other CRICOS registered training organisations.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
Completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent
Please click here for the Entry Requirements section
Tuition Fee: $8,200
Material Fee: $450*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
For other fees and expenses including Administration Fee, Health Cover, Recognition of Prior Learning, Late and Reassessment Fees click here
Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Oct
9 Chesterfield Road
Mirrabooka WA 6061
(approximate travel time via bus from Perth City is 30 minutes)
Free on site parking available