Enhance your knowledge and skills required to further your career in Aged Service, either in residential, home or community based environments. Assist the elderly by facilitating individualised plans to support their needs. Gain the experience to provide services to older people with complex needs. Learn to work effectively in an Aged Service setting with culturally diverse clients and co-workers.
This course is delivered over 20 weeks + 6 weeks of holidays. Classes are rostered for 3 days per week (21 hours per week) + self-study component.
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
The delivery methods for this course include:
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace*
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families*
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients*
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people*
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk*
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies*
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery*
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance*
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships*
- BSBITU201 Produce simple word processed documents*
*Denotes units delivered within CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This course includes work-based training of 125 hours over a period of 5 weeks. During work-based training, students will be able to practice their skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation.
Work Based Training is organised by Stanley College’s Employment Liaison Officers, into workplaces approved by Stanley College.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Stanley College has a strong network of employers waiting to hire our graduates. Students will have access to employment assistance services including advice and tips on resume preparation, coaching on interview techniques and assistance in finding employment.
Successful completion of the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support will be considered for entry into the Bachelor of Nursing at CQUniversity pending the student meeting the program’s English language requirements. The English language requirement for the Bachelor of Nursing is an IELTS equivalent of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.5.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy
Completion of CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent. For English language requirements, please refer to the Entry Requirements section
In order to complete the work-based training element of this course, students are also required to provide:
- National Police Clearance
- Medical Clearance may also be required
Tuition Fee: $4,900
Materials Fee: $300*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
For other fees and expenses including Administration Fee, Health Cover, Recognition of Prior Learning, Late and Reassessment Fees click here
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
9 Chesterfield Road
Mirrabooka WA 6061
(approximate travel time via bus from Perth City is 30 minutes)