28 Weeks (Intensive Course)
Pre-requisite entry requirement: Completion of CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
This course includes work-based training of 7 weeks @ 38 hours per week (total=266 hours).
This course includes no holidays^
55 Weeks (Direct Entry Course)
Pre-requisite entry requirement: Completion of Australian year 12 or equivalent.
This course includes work based training of 11 weeks @ 38 hours per week (total= 418 hours)
This course includes no holidays^
This course is the full diploma qualification.
^Note: Course duration does not include any holidays, where your schedule includes a term break/holiday, this time will be added to your overall course duration.
Full Time studies requires students to attend a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Day Care Centre Supervisor / Manager
- Preschool Supervisor / Manager
- Kindergarten Supervisor / Manager
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning
- Work-based training (please see above)
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically^
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk^
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting^
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety^
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence^
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children^
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children^
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks^
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers^
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children^
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice^
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning^
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice^
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development^
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice*^
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people*^
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety*^
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children*^
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood*^
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children*^
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care services*^
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour*^
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children*^
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency*^
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning*^
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development*^
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations*^
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children*^
*Denotes units delivered within CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
^Denotes units delivered within CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - Option 3
During work-based training, you will be able to practice your skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist you to be job-ready# at graduation. Stanley College has entered into work-based training agreements with a number of employers.
All work-based training placements are organised by Stanley College’s Employment Liaison Team in consultation with students. Click this link, Work-Based Training Employers
, to view a list of approved Work-Based Training Employers. Note, the list is subject to updates and may vary from time to time.
Students undertaking this course must be able to obtain the following, to complete the work-based training component of this course*:
- Current Working with Children Check^
^required to be submitted prior to placement with a WBT host employer
*Please note - To be employed in the Early Childhood Education industry, a National Police Clearance is not required. However some WBT employers may require that you obtain one prior to commencing your WBT placement.
# completing a course at Stanley College, does not guarantee a migration outcome. If you decide you want to undertake further study or work in Australia, on graduation, you will need to check whether your visa allows this or whether you need to apply for a new visa by referring to www.homeaffairs.gov.au for more information.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Local students may be entitled to Youth Allowance, Austudy/Abstudy or the Pensioner Education Supplement. For enquiries, please contact Centrelink on 132 490.
On completion of the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course, students may pursue selected Bachelor courses at Universities.
Successful completion of CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education will be considered for entry into the Bachelor of Nursing at CQUniversity pending the student meeting the program’s English language requirements. The English language requirement for the Bachelor of Nursing is an IELTS equivalent of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.5.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.