Be equipped with the knowledge and skills to provide care and meet social, emotional, physical and educational needs of children aged from 0 to 12. Learn to work with culturally diverse children and implement plans in accordance with Australian licensing, accreditation and regulation, and duty of care. Gain the competencies to supervise staff and volunteers.
This course is delivered over 52 weeks (including 11 weeks of holidays).
Classes are rostered for 3 days per week (21 hours per week) + Self-study component.
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Day Care Centre Supervisor / Manager
- Preschool Supervisor / Manager
- Kindergarten Supervisor / Manager
The delivery methods for this course include:
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice*
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people*
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety*
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children*
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood*
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children*
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care services*
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour*
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children*
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency*
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning*
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development*
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations*
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children*
*Denotes units delivered within CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This course includes work-based training of 400 hours over a period of 20 weeks. During work-based training, students will be able to practice their skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation.
Work Based Training is organised by Stanley College’s Employment Liaison Officers, into workplaces approved by Stanley College.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Stanley College has a strong network of employers waiting to hire our graduates. Students will have access to employment assistance services including advice and tips on resume preparation, coaching on interview techniques and assistance in finding employment.
On completion of the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course, students may be granted entry into selected Bachelor courses at Universities.
Successful completion of CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education will be considered for entry into the Bachelor of Nursing at CQUniversity pending the student meeting the program’s English language requirements. The English language requirement for the Bachelor of Nursing is an IELTS equivalent of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.5.
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy
Completion of Stanley College CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent
For English language requirements, Please click here for the Entry Requirements section
In order to complete the work-based training element of this course, students are also required to provide:
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
Tuition Fee: $8,600
Material Fee: $450*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
For other fees and expenses including Administration Fee, Health Cover, Recognition of Prior Learning, Late and Reassessment Fees click here
Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov
9 Chesterfield Road
Mirrabooka WA 6061
(approximate travel time via bus from Perth City is 30 minutes)