PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating
CRICOS Course Code 095311K
In this course you will gain the advanced skills needed for translating in specialised settings and includes learning to undertake extensive research, and translating complex language and concepts. This qualification is designed for those translating in highly professional sectors such as law, health, medicine, technology, and science. Candidates need to have a strong background in written and spoken English and Mandarin Chinese to qualify for enrolment.
This course is delivered over 20 weeks + 6 weeks of holidays.
Weekday and weekend classes are available (20 hours per week) + self-study component.
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Communication Officer
- Office Assistant
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning
- Structured learning activities
- The delivery of some units will be assessed in Mandarin
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- PSPTIS100 Apply codes and standards to professional judgement
- PSPTIS101 Negotiate translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS060 Analyse text types for translation of special purpose texts (LOTE-English)
- PSPTIS061 Quality assure translations
- CUAWRT401 Edit texts
- PSPTIS062 Translate special purpose texts from English to LOTE
- PSPTIS064 Read and analyse special purpose English texts to be translated
- SITXLAN3315 Read and write information in a language other than English (Mandarin)
- SITXLAN3415 Read and write documents in a language other than English (Mandarin)
- PSPTIS002 Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS066 Apply theories to translating and interpreting work practices
- PSPTIS071 Translate multimedia source material
- PSPTIS072 Use translation technology
Recognition of Prior Learning / Work Experience
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
On completion of the PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating students may be granted entry into selected Bachelor courses at Universities.
|Completion of PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating
|Applicable Tests Available||Student Pathway
|NAATI Certification Test||- NAATI Certified Professional Translator
*Note: Students can complete the CCL test independently, without completing the PSP50916 or PSP60816 qualifications*
Please familiarise yourself with Stanley College’s Refund and Cancellation Policy
This is a NAATI Endorsed Qualification.
- NAATI accreditation at para-professional level in Chinese language, or
- Proven and documented work experience in translating, or
- IELTS Band 6 (Academic) with Reading Band no less than 6.5, and
- A recognised Degree or Diploma (including vocational experience) or equivalent, and
- Achieve a pass in the Stanley College admission test including one paragraph translation from English to Chinese. The admission test will be administered by Stanley College approved trainers.
Tuition Fee: $7,950
Materials Fee: $150*
Easy payment plans available.
*The Materials Fee covers equipment and resources used in the delivery of your course at Stanley College.
For other fees and expenses including Administration Fee, Health Cover, Recognition of Prior Learning, Late and Reassessment Fees click here
Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Oct